The security of our customers is a matter of great importance, and we are committed to protecting your privacy online. This page explains our privacy and data policy, applicable to this and all other websites operated by Nestaway Boats Ltd.
We aim to safeguard our users’ privacy whilst providing a personalised and we hope valuable service. Collecting some personal information is necessary to satisfy the expectations of our users. We understand that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
What Information Do We Collect?
We only collect information that we feel is necessary to process orders and manage our communications efficiently. We collect two kinds of information about our users:
1. Non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us calculate statistics such as how many individuals use our sites, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
2. Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as brochure requests, product purchases, feedback etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How is the Information Used?
We will use the information you provide to us to:
– Fulfil your requests, for example to process sales transactions or other payments and verify financial transactions, handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders.
– Identify visitors and provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites. For example by customising the content and/or layout of our pages for each individual user.
– Record any contact we have with you.
– Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
– In aggregate (and therefore anonymously) to profile your use of the websites and carry out research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the websites, and to enable us to improve our service to provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you.
We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer’s questions about products or services, sending postal mail, emails and text messages, analysing data and processing credit card payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We require all such companies to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Nestaway Boats Ltd, the site or its visitors.
WE DO NOT make our customers’ postal, phone or email address details available to other companies for purposes other than those detailed above.
Our sites may contain links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our websites. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit. In addition, if you linked to our websites from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Nestaway Boats Ltd places a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our customers and users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information.
Requests for payment go to your card issuer (they may ask you some additional security questions) who then authorise the payment. We do not ever see or store your card details.
These measures make placing your order by internet at least as safe as the post or telephone alternatives.
Cookies are very small text files (usually consisting of just a few letters and numbers) that website servers place on your computer to enable them to recognise you and remember details of your visit.
For example, when you add something to your shopping basket, the cookie placed on your computer enables us to remember its contents as you browse the site. They can also help us enhance your visit by pre-filling some forms for you or tailoring the content that you see.
Cookies help us gather information (on an aggregated anonymous basis) about how our sites are used. This data shows us how many visitors we have, which pages are the most popular, which products people search for etc. We use it to help improve our site’s usability.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent that. Please read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, you can then decide whether or not to accept it.
Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit via this website is sent to a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and to other reputable third party organisations as referred to in this Policy and these may be situated outside the European Economic Area.
Your acceptance of this Policy
Any personal information submitted via our websites is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner’s website www.dataprotection.gov.uk or read the Act online at: www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/19980029.htm.
If you would like to review or revise information you have previously provided to us online, you may do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address below.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: Nestaway Boats Ltd, Unit 5 Avro Business Park, Mosquito Way, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 4FN